COVID-19 has changed our collective outlook on health care forever. During the pandemic, we learned that an entire community must participate to ensure good health for all.
But it also meant unprecedented rates of unemployment for millions of Americans. Many people lost access to pivotal health care services and support just when they needed it most.
This is where you can really make a difference—by supporting your community.
Why Project Access?
Project Access connects residents of Palm Beach County with access to equitable health care.
We provide qualifying individuals with health care resources and access to trained physicians and other service providers. By sponsoring Project Access, you enable members of your community to learn about, find, and receive the health care they need.
We provide qualifying individuals with health care resources and access to trained physicians and other service providers, we help to overcome barriers to care such as transportation, housing, employment, etc. By supporting Project Access, you enable members of your community to learn about, find, and receive the health care they need.
This benefits the entire community, because it:
- Reduces the spread of disease
- Germs spread quickly when people can’t afford treatment, but they also can’t afford to miss work or avoid public spaces
- This means that a virus can survive longer within the community itself, potentially getting stronger along the way
- Frees up emergency rooms
- Uninsured people often visit hospitals when they feel unwell
- This can cause delays for those in need of more critical care
- Raises awareness
- Through dialogue with doctors and care coordinators
- Through improved data sharing and trend spotting
Supporting this important initiative will create a stronger, healthier Palm Beach County.
If you believe:
- Community strength starts with individual care
- Everyone deserves equitable access to good health
- You can make a meaningful difference for those in need
Then we hope you’ll support Project Access.